Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You are bee-utiful

I just had to record this story for my posterity so they know I am not a totally horrible person when it comes to bugs, insects, and animals (which I generally dislike). So, this past week I've spent lunch relaxing in my car with the windows down. It's my favorite thing in the world, except every day it gets ruined by this spunky little bee which likes to flit around and preen in front of my passenger side window. It makes me not like bees. So yesterday, the bee showed up and, grumbling, I had to roll up my window. At that exact moment, another little bee (this one cuter and fuzzier), flew down and landed right next to my wiper blades on the front window. And there he sat while I chatted with Kristina. He walked around. He spread his wings. And after twenty minutes of me wondering if he was drunk or just lazy, that little bee finally curled up in a little ball...and died! I just want my future children to know I am not heartless. I was horrified. I wanted to pick up his little bee body and give him a proper burial (instead, I chickened out and made Dana flick him off when we got home). So, okay, I am not an insect or bug lover and, yes, I may daydream about bringing bug spray and taking out the other preening bee, but it broke my heart a little when that tiny bumblebee died on my window. Just so ya know.

No comments: