We're not very spontaneous people (you're shocked, I know) but it's something we're working on, so when one of my favorite people in the whole wide world, one Emma J., former awesome BYU roommate, sent me a message saying she was going to be in Pendleton, Oregon last weekend, we knew we just had to get there.
For those of you who don't know, Pendleton is a very cute, very small town 2 hours away from Yakima. Our neighbors, Seth and Carly, actually grew up there so it was fun to be on their home turf. We left Saturday after Dana got home from a long hike with the Young Men (ask him about the cool cave they found) and took a slight detour to the REI in Kennewick so Dana could try out hiking boots. Side-story: you think girls love shoes? Dana is a connoisseur of shoes and apparently that extends to hiking boots because he tried on every pair in the store--some twice. He tried on so many pairs he got a blister from tying the shoelaces! But it was all worth it because he found amazing (blue!) boots that fit like a glove and will, fingers crossed, keep him from rolling his ankle again.
Then we got down to the business of driving and made it to Pendleton. It was so much fun seeing Emma and Kevin and their little girl, Kaitlyn. We dined at Denny's, made some new 'friends' at the park, and took in the sites in town. Much too soon we had to depart but how fun is it to take a random trip and see old friends? So if you're ever near Yakima, give us a call. We're spontaneous people now!
2 comments:
I had a friend from my freshman year who is from Pendleton. Go figure! And I cannot believe that you ward had 700 people on the rosters! Yes, I believe that is time for a split. I enjoyed your parenting post too - it's a lot easier with your own kids. Really. Still fun too. :)
I made the blog! I feel so cool now! It was SOOOO awesome seeing you guys. Seriously, thanks a ton for taking the trip down! Love you!!
Post a Comment