Friday, May 27, 2016

Clark turns 2


I tried to stop it but it happened anyway. My little squishy tiny perfect chunky cheeked baby boy turned 2 this month:(:( Okay, enough moping. My little baby is now a full little man, complete with hilarious new words (buh byyyyyee, nope, hiya), fast little moves and a bundle of energy. We celebrated on his actual birthday with a brownie which he wasn't interested in so Dana ate it:) We also put together his presents at 11PM the night before and it was worth the exhaustion. He was so excited. The trampoline is from Grandma Tina and Grandpa Pat and the Basketball hoop is from Mom and Dad.

That Saturday we had a full on birthday party with the family. It was a car themed party since that's all he wants to play with lately.  It was a cold, rainy day so my visions of a sprinkler event were squashed but we made the best of it. The cake is homemade, Dad did the frosting, but Mom finally tried her hand at decorating. Yes I made the words too big so "Birthday" wouldn't fit and we had to improvise but I think it looks pretty good. 
I knew the cars on the cake would be a hit too. Sure enough, two years running he didn't even touch his cake. He sat in his highchair surrounded by cars and played for a good half hour....then completely freaked out when I took his cars away to get washed. 
Tough luck kid. Anyway he had plenty more toys to discover. He got a green tractor from Grandma and Grandpa Gailan, Ants in a Can from the Washburns, and a cool water toy plus bubbles from Aunt Kristen and Uncle Matt. We had just the best time hanging out and catching up and letting the kids run wild. 





Oh and these are just funny photos I had to throw in. We aren't sure who gave us these little overalls but they are hilarious on him. All he needs now is a thistle and he'll be a real farm boy. And we finally got him to wear the uber cute hat I bought. He looks so stylish. I'm still not okay with this growing older thing but I don't have much of a choice. Here's to my hyper active, totally weird, slightly more cuddly little 2 year old. Let the terrible twos begin...or not please:)



No comments: