Monday, May 13, 2013

Pictures of lawn (and more dirt!)

The dirt is gone. The day of the lawn has arrived. Here are the photos in all their glory people (cue Hallelujah music).

So about that funny story from earlier. You remember, the one where Dana ordered dirt to fill the ground that settled around the pipes but ordered waaaaay too much. Yeah, that story. Well, Dana informs me this dirt is coming the night he leaves for a scout camp trip so when I got the call on Saturday that my dirt was coming I was like, sure, bring it on. How much dirt could it be after all?



Umm...a lot. We Gailans are not known for our estimating. We figure if some is good, a crap load is better. I wish I had a photo. Seriously, think of the biggest pile of dirt you've ever seen. Double that. The truck backed up and started dumping and I just started laughing. I backed my car over the mound to head to my company Shred Day and when the winds picked up at noon I figured maybe we'd get lucky and some of the pile would blow away. Not so much. Dana got home late Saturday in no mood to shovel so we cleared a little path for the cars to drive around and spent pretty much the rest of that week moving dirt from our driveway to the backyard...and the side yard...and any yard that would take our dirt. The wind kept blowing which helped a little.
 
Last Thursday Dana finally, finally got to mow. Little secret: Dana is in love with mowing. Sometimes, I am jealous of how much he loves mowing. Just a little. Not enough that you need to worry but still, the guy loves mowing.

He did the whole yard twice (to get that cool criss-cross effect). I stayed inside and kept my eye on a pair of yellow jacket bees that were hovering around my back porch. Our yard now looks awesome (except for one stubborn brown spot but we're working on it) and we are ready for summer. Just in time too: it was 95 all last week. Holy crap!
 

No comments: