Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's a Davey Crockett Christmas

Happy New Year one and all. The Gailans rode out the break in high style. We got a Wii from my parents and Dana spent perhaps what some might call an inordinant amount of time killing people with Zelda and I may have locked myself in the bedroom when he fought the bosses because I can't handle the stress but...whatever. We spent the break in Texas, mostly in Lubbock reading books but we did venture down to San Antonio for a bit. It was great. Our hotel was not exactly...yeah, well we enjoyed the Fween bed (cross between a Queen and a Full) and it was close to downtown. Our restaurant choices were...cultural and it might have been nice if Dana could have a been a 245 pound linebacker for the day but we managed. The Alamo is so cute but apparently owned by Davey Crockett but at least now I know what he's famous for...memorabilia. We took in the Riverwalk and the "historic" distric, though we decided to experience that from the bus:) We visited the artists' colony and El Mercado and almost bought a giant belt buckle....ha ha ha! No seriously folks it was scary for a second there and Dana had the wallet out and I had to slap it right out of his hands. Texas makes you do crazy things. We rang in New Year by making it to midnight which was a feat and then watching the Rose Parade (in high def--ask Al Roaker if you don't get it). We had fun and we love you all. I'll post pictures soon.
To recap:
1-Texas is green, you just have to fall off the panhandle to find it
2-Wyndham Worldmark is a timeshare...and it is everywhere
3-Our winters are just as cold as yours...and let me tell you, that half hour was brutal!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

So Kelli, you are dare to challenge that your winter is just as cold as mine! I would believe you if you said it was colder than mine. I went to the beach on Christmas (which should make you jealous except for that it has rained for the whole month of December so swimming really isn't an option).

Jamie said...

umm...remember how i'm going to see you soon!!! I DO!!!!