Friday, September 14, 2007

Happiness is Lubbock in my Rearview Mirror

Ha! I thought the title was funny. I saw it in the newspaper. Of course I feel exactly the opposite...of course I do. But just to give you a feel for Lubbock, here are some funny newspaper stories they printed in the paper today. They didn't all happen in Lubbock, but I like to think they could have:)

Bald Man accused of stealing hair-loss products
Woman drove stolen car to court to pay traffic fine
Burglar stuck in chimney sentenced to 2 years (he tried to tell the police he was doing housework)
Worker caught stomping garlic in work boots (major health code violation!)

Aaaaaand finally: Catfish bait plus vinegar equals jail for Ohio trio. Boys mixed vinegar with catfish bait and tried to sell it as heroin. Officers would love for others to come forward but "frankly the people who may have gotten them aren't likely to report it"

Ahhh, life in the USA. I love it!

6 comments:

Kaylene said...

Ah, the Texas headlines! Gotta love em. Hey this might be a silly question because not being a Texas native, I have no idea how big Lubbock is or how many members are there but do you know the Servinos?

Jamie said...

I like you :)

Kelli and Dana said...

Nope, no Servinos sorry. There are about four wards though and as a student most members just kinda write us off as leaving pretty soon:) I'll keep an eye out though!

Lizzie said...

Vinegar with catfish bait? Is that really anything like heroin? I don't know, maybe it is, but still--who are these people?

Janelle said...

As always, you're funny! Any updates for us...are you still alive?? Haven't heard anything for a while. How's the law school thing going???

AubreyB said...

hey, write another post! i miss your witty stories! :)