Friday, August 4, 2023

Mom Camp 2023

If my kids ever call me a sissy, I'm gonna refer them to Mom Camp 2023. As we all know, camping is NOT my forte but it's something I have fond memories of as a child and I feel mom guilt about not giving my kids more time in the woods. So when Penny organized a group of awesome ladies to go camping I tentatively said "I'm in!". We did 2 nights in Treephones. Great campground. Lots of mosquitoes (and even more bitting flies as Charlotte sadly found out). But yummy meals and a cool hike made it worth it. Plus friends!!
I'm not gonna lie, the nights were COLD! Like super cold! I kept waking up every few hours to touch Char's hands and tuck them back inside. Clark snuggled in so deep you could only see the top of his cute little head. 
But the days made up for it. We had propane fires. Games with the moms. A big hike (that Charlotte only made 1/4 of a mile). And after Char would poop out each night around 8, Clark got to join the big kids in night games until midnight. Seriously, he lived his best life on this trip. 
Would I do it again? Absolu....you know what, let's talk next year okay? 

No comments: