Thursday, July 13, 2023

A Random Collection of Weirdness

 No photos on this one, but over time I've started writing down the random, hilarious, befuddling things our children say as a reminder of the real times in between the glitter of our lives. 

One morning in May I told the kids to pack lunches for school which they don't do often because we usually get school lunch I pack it for them. I figured it was a good idea to inspect said self-packed lunches. Clark did good with lots of sweet and a nutella sandwhich for nutrition. Charlotte had two full sides of goldfish and half a hot dog bun. Would the whole hot dog bun not fit? Nope. She just looked in the cupboard, saw buns, decided to rip one in half and stick that in as her sandwich. Made me giggle. 

Clark took SBA tests at school this year and was so nervous. To cheer him up we packed "special" snacks like oreos but since its only special if your sister doesn't get them, I would hide them in my purse every morning and slip them to him as he jumped out of the car. Or I would hide them in his backpack and whisper the snack in his ear. 

Charlotte had a rough streak the last two weeks of school for some reason and started scratching her bestie Vivian. It bawfled the teachers and us. She literally reached around two other kids one day on the mat to scratch at Viv's arms. Thankfully it ran it's course and they are back to best friends now. 

Charlotte calls her big toe her "thumb toe". She also kept saying she wanted to be a "big sister" someday and I was like, uhhhhhhh how do I break this gently until we figured out she meant "babysitter". Well that's something we can. Also she calls motorcycles "murder cycles" and that's accurate. 

We have these stupid cats in our neighborhood that are feral and love to squeeze under our fence and wander our back yard. I hate it. I run out in my robe all the time chasing them off. So what does the girl do? Why she hunts them through the neighborhood to give them snuggles. I swear they are laughing at us because the big black and white one will often slowly saunter in front of our car as I 'm leaving the driveway, like he knows I want to run him over but of coures won't. One of these days cat. 

Char came in screaming after scootering one afternoon and she was covered in blood. Checked everywhere only to discover she had gotten her first bloody nose. We found blood on the scooter, the car, the sidewalk, the garage floor. Like a real murder scene. 

One day I walked in on Clark (who was in the shower) except he was also laying down in the tub. I asked him what on earth he was doing and he said it was a "shower bath". Kid is living in 3023. 

And last for this round. One day this summer Charlotte walked around the whole afternoon moaning and groaning and loudly declaring "I sooooo boring." She meant I'm bored but no way was I gonna correct her. 


No comments: