Summertime in Yakima. Sunshine. Heat. Gobs of Rain. Oh wait, yeah our summer has been weird so far. Cold (like 50s) with rain EVERY. SINGLE. AFTERNOON. It's like some weird curse. 3pm rolls around, Mom heads out to pick up Mr. Clark, the sky opens up. Seriously, it's weird. But we are making it. We planted a bunch of flowers and plants.
We got bold and ripped off the countertops in the kitchen. And by 'we' I do literally mean, me and Dana. I'm talking full on sledge hammer married to a crowbar type action. We got some aggression out and didn't ding up the cabinets too badly. And I took off all the backsplash by myself. Bit of a brag here.Then the professionals showed up to put on our new lovely beautiful countertops. Still picking out a backsplash but the new sink and faucet go a long way to making this a more usable kitchen.
We went swimming randomly one week at Trish's. Charlotte ended up like this. Oh sweet girl. Never get bigger.
My succulents are loving life.
This is the hair she waked up with every afternoon.
And oh yeah, bike life. Scooter life. It's all she wants to do. We tried the bike a few weeks ago and it wasn't a hit but then one afternoon I looked out and she had dragged it down to the sidewalk and was teaching herself. So I guess she rides a bike now. Huzzah!
So much summer fun in store. Will we survive? Stay tuned to find out!
No comments:
Post a Comment