Monday, September 16, 2019

Wedding Weekend

Have I mentioned we love weddings? Well, we do. And we were so happy Dana's brother, Tracy, and his lovely bride, Charlotte, decided to get married close by so we could enjoy. I'm not gonna lie - a late night wedding following a 3 hour car trip in a building made entirely of marble was a wee bit more stressful than I had imagined but it was all worth it for family time and some yummy chocolates! How did we survive it, you may ask, why good parenting of course (and electronics...LOTS of electronics)

All the Gailan/Sayler clan. Good looking brothers!
Some of the dinner party. We were at the head table. Very schmancy and I would have loved every minute except our table was about a foot from 4,000 slippery, steep stairs and Clark and Charlotte were in love with them. Good grief. Mom's nerves. 
 
 Charlotte was gorgeous in the most stunning dress. Clark was happy to walk through every picture:)
Did I mention we used electronics to subdue our kids? Yeah, I mean it was legit. Charlotte practically fell asleep at the dinner table watching Little Baby Bum. But at 2 hours past her bedtime, we were fine with that.
 And these two love birds. When you find your bestie in your cousin, life is pretty sweet. They spent the whole night giggling and chasing each other around.
And now a Charlotte Gailan photo shoot. Yes, this is what happens when family photos are at 4 and the wedding is at 5:30 and inbetween your two year old decides to climb every slick marble step in the Capital Building...twice.

The undocumented part of the trip was lots of rain, a very unrestful night of sleep in the La Quinta and tons and tons of swimming in the cold and hot pools. The other Gailans joined us for that adventure and we had a blast. Oh, and Clark dropped a $5 mini watermelon at Trader Joe's so we got to be "those" people:)

Congrats to the newly weds!

No comments: