Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Chillin' like Villains' (Summer 2019)

We have no trips planned this summer. We are super bored. Let the summer begin!!

Okay, okay, so we have one smidge of a trip to Seattle coming up but otherwise we are just trying to fill up the days, people. One highlight ever week is 9:30 Tuesday Gymnastics. Charlotte whines on my lap and eats everything in sight and hides from the other parents but Clark is in heaven (at least when he isn't telling me very firmly "don't look at me". Oh child) We missed a year so he's in the younger group but he doesn't mind one bit and it really makes him look super althetic because everything is soooo easy. No, he still won't do warm ups. And yes he glares at me during stretches but eh, it's eating up time. 
Charlotte got her first taste of a trampoline at a birthday part. Despite being hesitant, it was love at first bounce. I think we're going to collectively wear Dana down about the trampoline:)
We tried camping. Yes, yes, I know I swore this off forever with children but Dana is very enthusiastic and the campground was only in Selah so Char and I could come home to sleep in actual beds so I caved. We roasted hot dogs. Char tried to fall off a cliff. Then tried to fall in the water. Then climbed every. single. rock. Twice. For his part, Clark was pretty much perfect. The right amount of enthusiasm and exploration.
Climbing up everything. 
Hunting for more pinecones to throw in the water. 
The only bummer was Clark's usually unflappable bladder failed him about 11PM and he woke up soaked, cold and sad. So they bounced early and showed up very dirty and tired at home around midnight. But I think I see some camping in our future.

 We are now six weeks into summer. Trying to survive. Mostly making it. Naps help.

No comments: