Ever had a dream? Maybe you wanted to sail around the world. Scale Everest. Eat an entire pound cake and not gain a pound. My dream since I can remember was simple: I wanted to see. WITHOUT glasses. This month, we made that dream a reality.
For those of you not familiar with LASIK, feel free to go watch a YouTube video and go GAAAH because I am certainly not describing in detail here how a laser sliced open a flap in my eye and then burned away part of my corneas. No thank you. What I will say is, it's amazing! I had several pre-op appointments for them to ascertain that my corneas are very thick and luscious (thanks Mom and Dad) and that I was a good candidate. On the day of the appointment we left the kiddos with a babysitter and Dana came with me. The highlights were a very nice sedative which made me super chill all day and leaving without my glasses, albeit with fuzzy, cloudy vision. I had to put probaby 100 eyedrops in my eyes that first day (with Dana's help...the sadist) but by mid-afternoon I could already see at 20/30 in both eyes.
If you've never been blind as a bat, you can't possibly understand the sweet, sweet awesomeness that is sight. I can do yoga poses now without glasses falling down my nose. My daughter has nothing to snatch off my face twice a day. I can see shampoo vs conditioner in the shower. Really, it's all upside. The recovery hasn't been painless but I'm two weeks in now and feeling fine. There is some night haloing which made driving home from book club last week interesting and I still have these nasty cloudy eyedrops to put in 4X a day but overall, small price to pay for sight (enter Brian Regan: I could have been seeing things!)
While all that went down, we had some fun of course.
Joined Grandpa Sonny at the Filipino Community center for some noodles...which Clark ate...yeaaaaah, we were confused too. Grandpa Sonny was elected the VP of the Community Center so it was great to celebrate him!
Recovery meant a lot of screen time for the kiddos. Some of it was real and some of it was fake, like this gem I snapped of them both looking at dollar store cell phones. Yeah we are parenting so hard right now.Char fell into the basket one night. No real story. Just Char.
I got these sweet protective lenses to wear the first night so I wouldn't scratch my 4k corneas like a baby and when I was done Mr. Clark got a cool basketball look.
And last Sunday we broke out her cute Island moo moo and just really went for it. This girl can pull of anything.
Why are you still reading this? Oh, were you waiting for a photo of beautiful me without glasses? Don't be ridiculous, Mom's don't take photos of themselves. Sad for you.








No comments:
Post a Comment