Thursday, April 12, 2018

In other news....

Random happenings at the Gailan household. First and foremost...Mom got a new phone!! Yay!! After a confusing process and 3 separate (but always fun) trips to Costco, Aunt Kristina and I snagged BOGO Samsung phones. Huzzah. Which is why some of these photos are now super awesome. 

Clark is still in gymnastics and Dana got to come witness this amazing progression on the balance beam. Last year he wouldn't even get on it so this is stellar. 
 Miss Charlotte is officially an army crawler. She'll drop one arm dead to her side, scrunch up and launch herself forward. It gets her where she needs to go but wears her out. Clark, to prove his elder status, has taken to running around the house super fast all the time just so we know that he, too, can move fast.
 When she tires out from crawling, she likes to sit and contemplate the meaning of the universe. Or what the likelihood is that the big rainbow ball will roll away if she reaches out for it.
 Dana started work part time at Ritchie Reiersen (hereafter designated as "RR" because it's too long to type and my spelling stinks) and also started practicum at Cottage in the Meadows Hospice care. Very extreme. He loves RR so far. Good people. Lots to learn. He also loves CITM. Cool stories. Great trainer. BUT - the CITM is a night shift. Yeah. Super not fun. So far he's done 2 of the 10 shifts. He comes home looking like a deer in headlights and zonks for four hours. Sadly both shifts were during my crazy Atlanta trip which is why I'm grateful for amazing friends (Jessica!) who watched my kids so Dana could sleep a bit.

Clark and I like to send him cheesy photos to keep him awake when he hits that 1AM wall.
 Oh and there has been a lot of TV this month thanks to the all day, all night rain a thon we seem to be enjoying. There better be some freakishly beautiful flowers popping up in May, that's all I'm saying. Charlotte likes to watch like this. Yeah, our baby is cute.
Our only reprieve is Costco trips, workout group, the library, and the occasional death by balloon fight at birthday parties. There will be no balloons at Clark's birthday. I've seen some things, people. 
 Last but not least, this popped up in Kristen's feed and I had to save it. Oh. My. Goodness. That's my Clark and Stella 2 years ago. I want those cheeks back so bad!

No comments: