Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The Story of Charlotte (For You Little Bit)

Dear Charlotte,
      This is just for you little lady. You are one month old this week and I can't believe how you already complete our family. You are a very happy baby (when you are being held) and a little fiesty at times. My favorite thing right now is around 4AM when you wake up for your second feeding and I finally get the whole bottle in you and change your diaper and then you are just completely awake, your big brown eyes staring at me, giving me a look like you have so much to say. I wonder what it is. I can't wait to find out.

One Sunday morning I decided to do a photo shoot like I did with Clark. His turned out...eh...it was fine. But yours turned out lovely. I can't get over how adorable bows are next to your perfect little cheeks. I love dresses. I love your tiny legs in them. And I love that you and Piggie are about the same size.





Some things you might want to know:

1 - you and Clark were on the same poop schedule for a whole week. We thought we might lose our minds:)
2 - It took a while but Clark finally warmed up to you. I find him all the time now leaning over your swing planting a big kiss on your hair. Sometimes he accidentally gets your eye but his aim is improving.
3- You already have Dad wrapped around your finger. He refuses to let you cry and so you spend a good amount of time asleep on his chest.
4 - You do NOT like laying on your back. I keep trying but it's a no go. Not even the blue elephant can keep you entertained.
5 - You like the West Wing theme song. You smile a little whenever it comes on, I swear.
6 - You spit up on Dad already. Right on his face. I tried not to laugh and failed.
7 - Finally, you are a ninja at getting out of your swaddle. One minute you're tightly wound and the next your little fingers are creeping over the top.

Oh and PS. We love you. You were worth every minute of sadness and worry and you are worth every minute of missed sleep and all the laundry. You are amazing. We can't wait to see you grow!

No comments: