Since we got back life has just been a whirlwind. I am working 20 hours a week at LRIA until Dana goes back to school. For me, it's nice to have a little slice of normalcy but I can't wait until I can be home full time. Dana picks up a few night shifts a week at Regional and the rest of the time we play a sort of hot potato game with the kids.
But we're trying to keep summer fun and manage all the chaos of the adoption at the same time. Some cute moments:
Mom and Dad were smart enough to realize driving to Utah and coming back with a little sister might be traumatic so they left these adorable Elephant and Piggie stuffed animals (along with books) for Clark and Charlotte. Clark has never been a stuffed animal person. Believe me, I've tried with the little hulk and little superman. But for some reason the Elephant speaks to him. He now carries it wherever he goes, sleeps with it at night, and will occasionally cradle it like baby. Way cute.
Yeah, I don't know what this picture is but it was on my camera:) Dana tries to keep Clark active during the day. He'll take him out in the sprinkler, to the Moxee pool and the library. PS we also stopped the potty training madness now that daycare is over. We'll start again once school starts.

Blueberries are finally in season at Winkler farms so we loaded up the kids for a rare trip out in the early morning. It was weird to be out on a Friday morning instead of at work. And by weird I mean freaking awesome. Charlotte slept great. Dana and I pulled in almost 10 pounds in half an hour. Clark actually picked quite a few before devolving into his usual game of throw the little blue orbs at Dad. I think I actually caught him mid throw here. Little punk.

Oh yeah, this had to be in there. He's obsessed with shoes lately. Dana's or mine, doesn't really matter. I think he was really pulling the red heels off.


And we've had a lot of family over. Grandparents, Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristen and of course the Washburns. They came down last Saturday to pick raspberries (which were sadly sparse) and instead of dragging the babies out in the hot sun I volunteered for the difficult task of watching four kids under the age of 4. Not something I would recommend often but they were amazing - probably thanks to Little Baby Bum. Clark and Anderson were hilarious dancing to head, shoulders, knees and toes. And the girls just lounged.

We're trying to get a routine here but honestly it's summer and that might not happen, which is okay. We're trying to enjoy the little moments. The baby baths. The funny Clark sayings (he keeps giving us encouragement at random times like "good job guys" when we drive to church). We spent an evening at the Hartmans and got to see their amazing house which got us thinking about our future. Dana goes over to his parents often to let them get to know Charlotte better. We're also excited for the news that Matt and Kristen are having a baby girl in November. Girls, girls, girls. It's gonna be a pink wonderland around here.


No comments:
Post a Comment