See...I told you golf ran in the family. Our kids are doomed.
It was a fabulous day with delicious food and fun family from the west side. Sunday Dana and I were welcomed into the Moxee ward in the traditional manner--talks. Thankfully, we were speaking alongside Sister Mitchell (possibly the most intelligent person we've ever met) who had enough to say for all of us. Easter evening we went for a long walk around Moxee. Best weekend ever! We're trying to eat less chocolate so this was our Easter basket. Yes, those are golf balls in the eggs. Yes, I know I'm an enabler
Then we went at it Tuesday night. On Wednesday, we were all set to give it another go even though both our hands were cramping and we still had 3/4 of the yard to do and Dana looked like he'd been hit by a mack truck. That was when our very nice neighbor, Josh, walked over with his miracle de-weeding tool and voila! We finished the rest that night, ruined our backs, but can now look out on this marvelous sight.
Gorgeous. And we realized it's crazy that we spent a full week getting our lawn back to the way it originally looked a month ago. Washington has a sense of humor. Wait until the sod goes in and we will officially be in heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment