
Dana's aunt and uncle own apple orchards and this is a picture from their backyard. Umm...can anyone say gorgeous? After this family get together we went to Dana's cousins house to see his ranch, complete with tiny atvs and lot and lots of bulls (he breeds them). I never grew up on a farm but honestly it was about the coolest thing ever (did you know you can herd bulls with sheep dogs?). I always learn something new when I visit Dana's fam.

This is Dana's younger brother Matt. Dana went with Matt and his Dad golfing one morning (I slept in of course). Dana won but just barely and really we think he was probably not counting a few strokes (just kidding love). We really loved seeing ya Matt! Next time we'll get you down to Texas, Matt and buy you some sweet leopard print boots...that's a promise!

We ate great the whole trip but in Washington we got to try some seafood (which amazingly we don't have a lot of in Texas, go figure). Dad made us some salmon and we grilled almost every night. Talk about spoiled!

Last year we looked around Dana's old town (Aberdeen) so this year we went on a tour of Dad's old stomping ground which is just a few miles from Yakima. This is his old high school which had a HUGE gymnasium (seriously, I've never seen one as big). It was great to see where he grew up and hear his stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment