Tuesday, June 2, 2009
USAA...the beginning
Well hello to all from Sunny and Humid San Antonio TX. For those of you who don't know, I'm spending the next ten weeks in this lovely city doing an internship with USAA. A little history for you all; the name stands for United Services Automobile Association because in the 1920s no insurance company would insure members of the armed forces because they moved and were high risk so they got together and insured themselves and voila, USAA! It's a great company to work for and for the past two days they've been treating me well and talking up all the good points although they haven't actually let me touch anything yet (no surprise there!) This is the first of many posts on my summer but I wanted to say thanks to all the friends and family who are watching out for Dana and I while we are apart this summer. And for anyone who got a teary call on Sunday and listened to me blubber...a special thanks for weathering the crazy with me (hey, if you had to watch Mr. Amazing Dana drive away, you'd be a little misty too:)) It's going to be a wonderful summer and I hope you are enjoying yours as well! If you're in the area, feel free to stop on by. I have a camping chair in my living room with your name on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
USAA is my insurance company and I love them. You could not work for a better company and you will always have Dana.
We also use USAA! Send them a shout out for me, would you?
Man, that sounds tough. But if there's anyone i know who can find humor and enjoyment in any situation, it's you. :) Will you guys be able to visit each other much over the summer?
So i'm not actually keeping a blog anymore, BUT i (sometimes) post pictures to a Shutterfly-hosted website--i'll send you the link and the password. (And then maybe i'll post some pictures that are more recent than Halloween....)
If ever you need to hear some Brian Regan to cheer you up--give me a call. Otherwise, you can call me if you need to cry too. I am currently sitting at the computer with my husband in WY. Manerrr. It's no bueno being all the lonely. :( Have a fun summer though--I'm sure that you will find much to laugh about. I miss you skitch!
Post a Comment