Saturday, June 6, 2009
Pan-Where-A?
Some may be aware of my borderline obsession with the sandwich/delicious broccoli cheese soup diner Panera Bread, which, up until last week, I had thought was all but void in the state of Texas. Imagine my surprise--and Dana's heart attack--when we spotted one not half a mile from my new abode here in San Antonio. So I set out this afternoon in the hundred degree heat to hunt me down a mouthwatering bowl and after navigating through the shops and cars (mostly trucks) I came to the delicatessen only to find...work in progress! WHAT!!! Yes, I ended up laughing but only to stop the tears; my much anticipated Panera Bread is only just coming to San Antonio. Alas, no soup...no bread...no bagels...and I had to settle for the McDonalds of Mexican food up the street instead. At least Dana got a good laugh out of it:) They better do double time building that place, that's all I can say!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that stinks, just like the time I wanted panera and we got there and the pipes were frozen. I must say I understand your obsession with the broccoli cheese soup. I love it in a bread bowl.
Oh, I love Panera. Shout out to the midwesterners there! I love their bread bowl soups too. And their awesome sandwiches with sprouts and all sorts of yummies on them. I'd go to Panera at least weekly (it seemed like) in high school. I'm sorry about it not being open, but go to La Madeline in that same complex and get their chicken caesar salad. You will not be disappointed. I miss that place too. Or go to California Pizza Kitchen. And make sure you get yourself a breakfast taco sometime and a kolache. No San Antonio experience is complete without them. And now I'll leave you alone with my insanely long comment.... :)
Oh Kelli, I'm so happy for you! I do indeed remember your obsession with Panera! We have like 3 of them within 10 miles of our house. I ate there twice the first day we moved to Michigan and think I've only been once or twice since then.
Mmmm...I love Panera and that soup. Especially that soup in one of their bread bowls. I am so excited that we live in a place (if only temporary) that has Einsteins bagels. I could eat there every day and die happy. I think it's totally fine to be obssesed with food joints, by the way. :)
Post a Comment