Side note: We leave Monday for our much needed trip to Washington. How am I feeling about it? Fan-freakin-tastic! See you sometime in July!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Friday Funny
Dana suggested I post this one so here goes. This makes me a horrible person but I'm going to laugh at someone today, no, no, not with them, but at them. See, Dana and I love watching StupidVideos--it's an online archive of hysterically funny things like people walking into poles on their cell phones or jumping thirty feet into a shallow vat of water. Real classic stuff. I've always wanted to see one live and yesterday, I got my chance. Walking to my car at lunch I casually noticed a car passing in the parking lot and a biker coming from the opposite direction, intent on crossing onto the sidewalk where I was walking to continue on his merry way. That never happened. Being careful to avoid the car, the biker tried to move suavely up the ramp onto the sidewalk but misjudged it and instead took the sidewalk head on. The sidewalk won. The back tire of his bike flipped up in the air like a spring and he wisely decided to launch himself over the handlebars. He managed to hold onto the bike though and looked around wildly. Our eyes met with that "did you see anything? I didn't see anything. Bird?" look and he proceeded to bend down and check his bike--like it was its fault--as I continued on. To my credit, I made it almost all the way around the building before I busted up. I keep picturing it in slow motion and it's still funny. But happy ending, the guy was fine, just a little ego-bruised, and the bike was fine, but it might want to find a new rider--one with depth perception.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Kelli! I hope you're having a fun vacation and you have a great day!
Post a Comment