Monday, May 21, 2007
What 4 mil. can buy!
Dana and I recently had a very fun experience. For a mere 10 bucks a ticket, there are people who will actually let you traipse through their homes and make constructive comments like, "boy this place sure is big" or "hmm, I think this is the laundry room. I'm guessing because of the big machines." Yes, Dana and I recently participated in the Utah County Parade of Homes. It was an awesome experience and I recommend it for anyone who: A. likes fantasizing about houses, B. is poor, or C. is both! Some of the homes were less that impressive, but we stumbled upon one that was a mere 4 Million (keep in mind that's without the land) and we thought, now this is the home for us. It had a secret entryway to the library, a secret pantry door, and the one essential every decent home needs...a big 'ol pool inside the house! Yeah! It was AWESOME! Think the type of pools you see in Holiday Inns only add a waterslide, Jacuzzi, and big deck and cover it all with glass windows. Dana and I left feeling quite covetous but at least Dana now knows the way to my heart...chlorine:) We wish you all happy house-hunting and many pools (invite us over sometime).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hahahaha! We were going to go too but I knew it would just depress me that we have 3 more years til we even get close to getting a house. Maybe we can all just live by eachother in TX and share a hughmorous pool! :)
Talk about an unreal house! It's fun to dream, isn't it? Ha! Until then, I'll be looking in the more of the 4 million pennies price range. :)
Miss you,
Janelle
Now Kelli, buying a house is a mere lifetime away. Why have you not been dreaming about this since birth. I figure I might be buying a house sometime around when the kids leave for college, and so of course started planning for this many many years ago, right down to the peach and sage tissue box cover in the powder room off the side entry used only by the paid help.
Aaron's mom saw the same house and said "Now why can't we have one of those?" Interesting. I wonder how many other blogs or mothers-in-law talk about that very house....Hmmm, will I ever know?
Post a Comment