What a doozy of a month we've had people. Summer slipped away and Fall is here for good. It's like 45 degrees when I wake up in the morning...brrrr. Dana started Nursing school on August 22nd and had been loving it so far. He has a cohort group of 24 students but spends most of the time with his team of 8. He'll be spending one day a week at a Living Care center and the rest of the week either in classes or the clinic. So far he has learned to take blood pressure and pulse and mastered some crazy lifting moves. He gets to wear his maroon WSU scrubs on clinic days and I must say they look natural on him. We're grateful to family for being willing victims, er, test patients for practice. I'm especially grateful since I almost pass out every time he takes my blood pressure:)
While Dana is rocking at school, our Mr. Clark is trying to adjust to daycare. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, the last three weeks for him have kind of sucked. Poor little man. He looks so abandoned and confused every day when we drop him off at Kindercare. The first week he messed up his sleep cycle so he was waking up for hours in the middle of the night and sometimes having night terrors. It's gotten better this week but he comes home pretty filthy and dehydrated and starving but at least he looks happy when we pick him up and hey he drew a full body picture of himself so we hope he's having fun and learning something. He got a brief reprieve because I had a four day weekend over Labor Day. We tried to make the best of our daycare-free days by scrubbing the house clean and then going on a walk in the backpack. He loved it I promise. This is his "I'm loving this" face:)
Then on actual Labor Day we met up with the Washburns (via a very long detour up a windy mountain) and went for a hike at Umptanum Creek Falls. It was a neat little hike with a really cool waterfall at the end. Clark loved being in his backpack and chatting with Anderson.


This picture is typical. I say "everyone look at me!" and Kristina's kids obediently glance over with a smile and my kid's like "what are we doing". Funny man.


Side story: for daycare he needed closed toe shoes and in a fit of mommy guilt I splurged on these little trainers. There's so cute I almost can't stand it. He looks like such a little soccer star and I can't handle how adorably small his feet are. I love baby items:) Okay tangent over.


We made it back to the cars and had to run around for a while. Here is Clark ignoring his Father's desperate plea to please drink something. His answer "no" while he runs away. This is our life now...sigh. He did at least amuse himself by throwing rocks...mostly at people's cars. Like Fred's. Right in front of Fred. That's pretty gusty when you think about the size differential so at least my boy is brave.
The rest of the month has just been trying to suck the last of the warmth out of each day. We go on walks. We are silly at night. Sometimes Clark sleeps in our bed now which is quite adorable if you can get around the fact that you can't move your arm and only get one sliver of the bed. We know this school thing will be for the best and really won't be very long. Hopefully we survive!
No comments:
Post a Comment