Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wanda Gailan

Had to document this for Clark. Many of you know that Dana's mom, Sue, is actually his step-mom. His biological mother died from cancer when he was 11 and his Dad remarried when he was 12. Her name was Wanda J. Nation and I wish I'd gotten to know her because from stories I can tell she was an amazing lady and quite a hoot. She was cremated after she passed and finally buried a few years ago right here in Yakima in a family plot. Last year her sister, JoAnn Platt passed and was buried in the same plot.
 
We don't often get to the cemetery but events conspired on Saturday when Clark lost (or hid:)) our only magnet that opens all the drawers in the kitchen. We trekked up to Wal-Mart for a replacement and ended up having our evening walk in the Terrace Heights cemetery. It was a perfect night and Dana snapped this photo at just the right time when we set Clark down to meet Grandma Wanda for the first time. It was just really cute and touching. He literally spent a good two minutes just stroking the stone and being so quiet (which for him is amazing). I think he felt her there. I can't wait until the next life when they get to meet each other.

No comments: