Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Core Duh Lane

I feel like I should start all my blog posts now with a disclaimer: We do other things besides golf as a couple. I promise. Riiiight. But, for this post, sorry you get more golf.
 
Dana has a really good friend, Dave, who does the Idaho Govenor's Cup (yes the Govenor is actual there, Dana saw him) every year with his Dad. This year, one of their foresome dropped out last minute and Dana was only too happy to step in. We took off Thursday from Yakima for Spokane and stayed the night. The next morning bright and early I dropped him off for day one at a country club golf course in Coeur D'Alene (pronounced Core Duh Lane), a little city half an hour from Spokane. I spent my day lounging at the hotel, shopping, and then picked him up at the end of the day and we walked around downtown Coeur D'Alene. A cool plane landing right on the water. These were flying around all day as we walked the very shelly beach. View of the exclusive resort. We opted to stay at the 1/3 price Quality Inn instead. Duh.
Wrapped around the resort is the US's longest floating suspension bridge. 3/4 of a mile long! Super cool but I was a little nauseau from the swaying by the end.


Dana dreams of getting a house boat someday. Ummm...no. Check out all those couches. Classy.

Resting after our rigorous 1/4 mile hike:)

Dana taking the Moose by the Horns. Moose are kinda their thing in Coeur D'Alene. They had statues all over. This one was named Mudgy. Say it with me: Many much MOOSEN!

That evening we dined on Cafe Rio (an old favorite) and barely caught a showing of the new Batman movie, which has to be the best movie we've seen in a long time. That night we took advantage of the cool huge hot tub at the hotel. Unfortunately, so did about 10 little kids who were staying there for a reunion. Ah well. They seemed to enjoy the bubbles. I'm pretty sure they were Mormon and the way I can tell is one kid had on a Mormon Dew shirt at breakfast. Nice. The next morning I dropped Dana off at the Resort Course. Much more exclusive. MUCH more beautiful. If you stay at the resort you actually get shuttled over on a boat. Again, I hung out at the hotel but came back early to pick him up so I could get some killer pictures.
Their signature hole is a completely floating green. The only one of its kind in the country. Dana was so stoked to make it on the green on his first shot. Whew!

Close up of the hole. See the little boat that ferries players over with their clubs. How cool is that?!
Red flowers are kinda their thing too. The whole course was littered with them. So beautiful
After a delicious lunch with Dave and his Dad we took off intending to scope out Spokane on our way home, but Dana crashed in the car instead so we drove home early for some much needed R&R. Great weekend and we will definitely be visiting Spokane and Coeur D'Alene in the future.

No comments: