So...I thought I better post where we are in the process for posterity since someday this blog is getting turned into one huge blog book (someday...haha...very funny kelli). Thus far, we met with our social worker who is an amazing guy from Spokane. He helped us understand some of the more technical aspects of adopting, sent a 37ish page email of paperwork, and just generally helped us find some hope in the whole process. Last week we took the first (and scariest, in my opinion) step: FBI fingerprinting. What was so stomach churning? Perchance the intimidating forms (double copies, notarization, check list after check list) and a visit to the local Yakima Police Department. Frankly, I think bringing a child into your family simply must include a trip through metal detectors and ten black, inky fingers, am I right?
Now we wait. We have another meeting with out social worker next Thursday and a house tour sometime in the future. But, basically, we wait because the FBI not only wants your soul, they also want 8+ weeks to process all that notarized paperwork you sent them. So future baby Gailan, please don't be born until mid-July. Thanks. Love, your future folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment