Sunday, February 8, 2009
YUM...
Kelli is always threatening me to blog. So, in order to live another day I’m writing instead of her this time. A week or so ago Kelli and I decided to blow off class on Friday and take a short, six hour trip to Dallas. We went to Dallas because we had a few interviews, but our real purpose was to try out this Ethiopian Restaurant we found. We like to think of ourselves as adventurous eaters. We’ll try anything at least once. I remember taking Kelli to a Japanese Sushi Bar on her 22nd birthday and we had some great food. However, about an hour later Kelli started to get an allergic reaction and we had to make a quick run to the pharmacy for some Benadryl. Luckily, we avoided a Will Smith/Hitch moment, and had an enjoyable evening. The Ethiopian food didn’t trigger any allergic reactions, thankfully. I don’t know what we would have done if one of use had to interview with a swollen face. (They probably would have given us the job right there out of sympathy). In short, the food was great, it was a lot like Indian food, but instead of Naan they have something called injera, which I thought resembled a crepe. Kelli ordered a beef and spinach plate, while I had a spicy chicken dish. All in all, I would recommend Ethiopian food to anyone with a little sense of adventure. Next on the list, Casu Marzo. Oh, and the interviews went great. We should hear back soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ethiopian food? We'll have to try it sometime when we're in Dallas. Good luck with hearing back from your interviews!
What is this? A whole month and no new post?! I'm having withdrawls here!!!
Post a Comment